[squid-users] problem with virtualy simple HTML page proxying

From: Zoran Milenkovic <mizoran@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 10:53:25 +0100

Hi!

I have Squid Cache: Version 2.6.STABLE13 installed on Fedora Core 6 Linux
2.6.18-1.2798.fc6. Squid is configured in very usual manner, internal hosts
are only allowed to reach Internet using proxy server, and the rest of squid
configuration is left by default. Everything works perfectly, but only one
thing DOESN'T work! Users cannot reach one specific HTML page:
http://www.nbs.yu/internet/cirilica/scripts/bankeMenjaci/index.html

In the squid access.log nothing seems to be wrong:
1201958794.061 300 192.168.0.24 TCP_MISS/200 314 GET
http://www.nbs.yu/internet/cirilica/scripts/bankeMenjaci/index.html -
DIRECT/194.79.41.40 text/html

...but instead of page, users get an empty page from proxy server! Without
proxy, the page is getting displayed correctly.

I would like to add that's the case only with that particular page on this
site (www.nbs.yu) Everything else goes fine. Also, I was able to reproduce
this error with other squid servers.

At the other side, I would like my users to reach web contents through squid
without any exeptions, if possible. So I would like to ask is this problem
with squid, this particular webpage, or something else? And how could I
solve this problem?

--
TIA
Zoran Milenkovic, dipl.ing.el.