RE: [squid-users] linux bandwidth shaper required

From: AA Inter.Network Services / SYED JAHANZAiB <aacable@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 14:11:10 +0000

I have limited users to 16KB per user via linux TC or other bandwidth shaping scripts, working fine, But the shaping just shapes the whole bandiwdth including all protocols, thats not the only task I want, If user is downloading at 16KB, even the content in the cache comes very slow, response to Servers ping s get very high like 2000-3000 ms on lan,

My requirement is to exclude SQUID cache from bandwidth limit.
like if user requests which is in squid's cache, it should not be restricted by bandwidth policy.

Regards,

SYED JAHANZAIB

AA CABLE.NETWORK SERVICES, & PAKNOR B.P.O

Web : http://www.aacablenet.org / http://www.paknor.com

Email : aacable@hotmail.com [MSN Messenger]

             aacable@isaserver.org

Phone : 4638965