Re: [squid-users] cache peer proxy-only - is there a middle ground?

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 00:59:50 +0900

You know, with CPUs as blindingly fast as they are today,
it wouldn't surprise me if you couldn't sustain 10,000 + ICP lookups
a second with the right amount of coding work.

DNS servers are able to push half a million DNS request/replies
on current hardware. I'm pretty certain cache lookups can be distributed
and handled pretty effectively. Of course the ICP dropped messages
problem also occurs, but its certainly not out of the realm of possibility
to do something like batching key lookups over TCP, like with HTCP?

Adrian