Re: [squid-users] cache peer proxy-only - is there a middle ground?

From: Chris Woodfield <rekoil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 10:22:57 -0500

Yes, we would us using cache digests to keep the ICP/multicast traffic
from becoming a bottleneck. Another benefit of cache digests is that
there will be a certain level of content duplication - if server A
caches an object, and server B gets a request for the same object
before if refreshes A's digest, the object will live on both servers,
which helps with the flash-crowd issue.

Then the question becomes this - if a server gets a request for an
object and has multiple cache digests that contain it, will the
decision use normal peer selection metrics?

-C