Re: [squid-users] CentOS 5.1, Squid, PIX WCCP

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 09:15:08 +0900

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008, Dennis B. Hopp wrote:

> I can go to other sites fine though. If I configure my browser to use
> squid as a proxy then the sites load fine, so it's something with wccp
> or my configuration of it. I don't know where to start to determine
> what the problem is.

tcpdump. :)

Ok, read:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/configuration/guide/dhcp.html#wp1094445

Make sure this is true for your WCCPv2 setup:

"
WCCP redirect is supported only on the ingress of an interface. The only topology that the
security appliance supports is when client and cache engine are behind the same interface of
the security appliance and the cache engine can directly communicate with the client without
going through the security appliance.
"

Is that true for your setup?

Adrian