RE: [squid-users] Enforcing authentication for specific IP addresses

From: Andrew Hodgson <Andrew.Hodgson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 16:37:33 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães [mailto:leolistas@solutti.com.br]
Sent: 05 February 2008 17:03
To: Andrew Hodgson
Cc: squid-users
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Enforcing authentication for specific IP addresses

>Andrew Hodgson escreveu:

>> Hi,

>> I have a Squid server used on a test network. I want to allow some users >> to authenticate through the proxy if they are on specific IP addresses, >> to test software functionality, using basic authentication. However, the >> rest of the clients should go through without authentication.

[...]

> Simply split your ACLs !!!

[...]

>http_access allow Authenticated_IPs Authentication

That was what I was missing, and it works fine with the relevant ACLs in the config.

Thanks for that.
Andrew.

--
Andrew Hodgson
Senior Systems Administrator/Projects Engineer

Telephone: 0870 243 3434, Fax: 0870 243 6041.
Website: www.allpay.net
Email: enquiries@allpay.net

This email, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the allpay.net Information Security Manager at the number above.