Re: [squid-users] Asking for feedback on new Squid Wiki theme

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 12:22:52 -0700

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 17:54 +0200, Angela Williams wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 February 2008, Kinkie wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > in the past few days I've worked on a new theme for the Squid Wiki,
> > and feedback has been mostly positive so far.
> > Before switching to it, I'd like to get feedback from you - after all,
> > the squid users are those who are going to benefit - or suffer - from
> > it.
> >
> > I've set a read-only mirror of the wiki (plus the new theme) up at the URL
> > http://squid.new.kinkie.it/FrontPage
> >
> > I invite all of you to take a tour, and please report your opinions.
>
> Okay I did! My feelings are much the same as the replies so far!
> The "watermark" image is a bit distracting. My kde desktop setup my way with
> konq and firefox are not to bad so I tried our helpdesk windows fing with
> internot exploder and the image is rather more pronouced. I had a few techies
> in the office have a look to and the same sort of opinion!
>
> I was thinking of doing something similar and one of my Xaraya sites but I
> might just scrap the idea!

Hi Kinkie,

    Please remove the background image. I know you like it a lot, but
almost all people who cared to comment were destructed by it, some even
after you toned it down further. Moreover, it is the only thing people
seem to complain about! I am now convinced it was not just me, and it
will remain a problem even if you tone it down some more.

        Let's face it: it was a great experiment, but it showed that the idea
should be abandoned.

Thank you,

Alex.