Re: [squid-users] SQUID 3 + ICAP + DansGuardian

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:26:25 -0700

On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 19:36 +0100, TOUZEAU DAVID wrote:

> I'm trying to implement dansGuardian using icap protocol has icap server
> with Squid 3
> After googleize i didn't found any howto that explain if it
> possible or what can be change in settings to use this kind of
> implementation

I have not configured dansGuardian specifically, but if dansGuardian
supports ICAP, then you need to configure Squid to support ICAP
(--enable-icap-client) and to send HTTP requests and/or responses to
dansGuardian process.

dansGuardian may have specific requirements for ICAP service URLs, and
you may need more creative ACLs than "all", but the basic setup would
look like this (assuming dansGuardian listens on 127.0.0.1, port 1344):

icap_enable on
icap_service service_req reqmod_precache 0 icap://127.0.0.1:1344/request
icap_service service_resp respmod_precache 0 icap://127.0.0.1:1344/response
icap_class class_req service_req
icap_class class_resp service_resp
icap_access class_req allow all
icap_access class_resp allow all

If you need to send just requests or just responses, then you only need
one of each of the icap_service, icap_class, and icap_access lines.

These options are a bad inheritance from Squid2. They are far from
intuitive and are likely to change in the future.

You may want to search squid.conf.default or online docs for other
Squid3 squid.conf options that start with icap_.

HTH,

Alex.