RE: [squid-users] squid ver 3 ssl cache proxy

From: Tomer Brand <tomer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 08:59:48 +0200

Chris thank you for the info.

In your previous mail you mention two things:
1. http_access allow all -> This is a temp configuration. Once I will
have all I need up and running I will start to limit the access.
2. maximum_object_size & Cache-peer size -> I have notice this when I
downloaded a 1GB file and change the cache peer size. Indeed it's a bit
funny.

As for the HTTP headers. I added to my back-end server the following:
Cache-control: public, must-revalidate, max-age=1

Public -> To enable caching of the data
Must-revalidate -> To force SQUID recheck with the back-end server. By
doing so the request will have to be authenticate otherwise the back-end
server returns Unauthorized http status code
Max-age=1 -> My back-end server is IIS, by default it return
max-age=259200. The must-revalidate enforce the validation check of the
data after the max-age expired.

My problem is that without the max-age directive SQUID won't force the
authentication against the back-end server after the first request of
the data and with that directive SQUID never uses the cache and always
download the data.
This is true only for SSL, under simple HTTP requests it works as
expected.

Any ideas?