Re: [squid-users] squid ver 3 ssl cache proxy

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:43:10 -0900

Tomer Brand wrote:
> I have notice that the SSL cache doesn't work only if the back end
> server requires authentication to serve the data.
> Can anyone please tell me if what I am trying to is supported by squid?
>
> Thank you.

Well, usually a request that requires authentication has an HTTP
response header of "Cache-Control: private". See if you can get your
back end server to change that to a "Cache-Control: must revalidate"
which will still require authentication to download the object, but will
allow downloading it from the cache upon successful authentication.

Chris