Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.0 Stable1 with MySql Logging

From: Marcello Romani <mromani@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 15:53:25 +0100

Marcello Romani ha scritto:
> Adrian Chadd ha scritto:
>> On Mon, Feb 18, 2008, Marcello Romani wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I have some experience in Perl and mysql. I can't guarantee a
>>> timely implementation, but I'm interested in this feature and I'm
>>> willing to contribute.
>>>
>>> Could you give me some pointers for where to start ?
>>
>> look for "logfile_daemon" in squid-2.7 snapshots. Its relatively easy
>> from
>> there.
>>

>> Adrian
>>

> I've written a very small perl script which reads stdin and dumps it to
> a text file. I've set it to be the logfile_daemon, but it seems it
> doesn't get called.
>
> I've not found much info on this configuration directive.
>
> I must be missing something stupid...
>
> Can you help me ? Thanks

Ok I found it. I think the comments in the squid.conf file should
contain a paragraph like the following:

# And priority could be any of:
# err, warning, notice, info, debug.
#
# To log the request via a logfile writing daemon, specify a filepath
of "daemon", e.g.:
# access_log daemon:/var/logs/access.log squid
# You may also want to change the default value of logfile_daemon to
point to
# a custom logfile-writing daemon

HTH

--