Fwd: [squid-users] Squid currently not working.

From: Steve Billig <unknownboogyman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:00:48 -0500

Sorry Nima. Didn't realize I was sending only to you...

> Earlier the SELinux question was posed - did you enable that? It's a Fedora install option.
>
> Also, temporarily change http_port to something above 1023 - just
to see if it will start.

> I suggest you check your IPTABLES rules for opennig the squid port. may be closed

 Well, I took into account for what both of you had said. For Adam, yes
 I did have SELinux installed onto it. For Nima, I didn't know how to
 check the IPTables so I went back to a post I made on fedoraforum.org
 before about FreeNX. I used these two commands:

 To disable iptables
 /etc/init.d/iptables stop

 To disable selinux
 setenforce 0

 And after this, I tried to use squidclient http://www.google.com/ This
 did not work so I used the commands:

 /etc/init.d/iptables start

 setenforce 1

 So I changed the port to 3128(the default I do believe) then I tried
 to start squid using service squid start. What do you know, it
 started. Don't know why it did it but it did. Currently though, if I
 try to change the port from 3128 back to port 81(the only one I
 currently know of that is open fully in my school) it will not start
 squid. Any ideas with this problem?

 And thanks a lot everyone for the help.

Plus, I am sorry for the double email and everything, but WHY did
flushing the IPTables work and re-enabling SELinux? I guess it just
needed a refresh in a sense?

--
-Steve