[squid-users] Setting Squid to allow active FTP connections

From: Kirtimaan <kirtimaan.mg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 09:52:07 +0530

Hello,

Recently I installed the Squid Proxy server in our network on Fedora
Core 7 linux box. Other windows system use this linux box as their
Internet Gateway and DNS server. All traffic on port 80 on fedora system
is forwarded to Squid port 3128.

Our FTP server does not support passive connections. Now when we connect
to our ftp server, ftp client fails to connect with message :

>Entering Passive Mode
>Illegal PORT command

As a FTP client, Total Commander 7.02a is being used in our network.

Is there any option in squid to use active connection instead of passive
connection. In squid.conf file, I turned off ftp_passive option. So now
setting looks as

# TAG: ftp_passive
# If your firewall does not allow Squid to use passive
# connections, turn off this option.
#
#Default:
# ftp_passive on