Re: [squid-users] problem with wccp v2 and cisco

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 09:58:42 +0900

There's only a small number of things you have to do to setup WCCPv2.

* configure/compile squid with the relevant transparent interception option.
  For you its --enable-linux-netfilter IIRC.
* enable ip forwarding in linux
* create gre
* point GRE endpoint at your router's WCCPv2 routerid - use a loopback
  interface on the Cisco for now, that'll make it much, much more predictable
  as the wccpv2 routerid is then always loopback id
* for ease of testing, make sure no iptables rules exist, then add:

iptables -A PREROUTING -i <gre interface> -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 3128

Adrian