[squid-users] I want to purge too many TIME_WAITs immediately after closing HTTP port.

From: S.KOBAYASHI <kobayashi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:59:31 +0900

Hello there,

I have a bit problem while majoring the squid performance now.
There are many TIME_WAIT connections left on the squid port by using high
performance http client machine, and then the next connection can not
connect the squid. The client machine has capability to send up to 10,000
req/s.
I tried to change Linux machine's some parameters as bellow.

sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_tw_recycle=1
sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_max_tw_buckets=50000
sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_fin_timeout=1
Silly changed to be better, but nothing big changes.
Does anyone know how to purge the TIME_WAIT connections immediately?

The machine running the squid has 16GB memory, the fastest CPU and running
on 64 bit mode.

Thanks a lot,
Seiji Kobayashi