RE: [squid-users] problem with wccp v2 and cisco

From: Ritter, Nicholas <Nicholas.Ritter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:08:55 -0600

Regarding the gre tunnel, does the IP address on the the gre0 interface
have to be unique, or can it be the same address, or a dot1q trunked
address? I was hoping to use one physical network interface to do the
GRE tunnel and the squid daemon. This would require subinterfaces and
dot1q trunking/vlan tagging on both the router and the squid box if I am
to use unique IP addresses, much less IP addresses on different IP
subnets.

Nick