[squid-users] enabling web based Authentication.

From: Dave Coventry <dgcoventry@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:34:28 +0200

I am trying to use various authentication helpers to be able to track
web usage on my new server.

Currently I am getting the following message:
~~~~~~~~~~~~ snip ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.mybroadband.co.za/news

The following error was encountered:

    * Access Denied.

      Access control configuration prevents your request from being
allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel
this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.
Generated Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:21:34 GMT by iqBase (squid/3.0.STABLE1)

There is no opportunity for the user to authenticate himself.

I need an HTML login page (preferably editable so that I can notify
the user that his web usage is being tracked) which would allow the
user to supply his username and password so that he can continue
browsing....