[squid-users] Re: enabling web based Authentication.

From: Dave Coventry <dgcoventry@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:42:41 +0200

I have just been googling and I read that it is impossible for Squid
to provide for Transparent Proxying and for Authentication.

Would it be possible to replace the
"/usr/local/squid/share/errors/English/ERR_ACCESS_DENIED" page with a
custom one providing for usernames and passwords.

A Perl script might be able to generate a file accessible to the "acl
AuthorisedUser src /var/log/squid/iplistfile" directive.

Is this feasible?

Has anyone done something similar?

Or is there an easier solution?

Regards,