Re: [squid-users] Squid-2, Squid-3, roadmap

From: john allspaw <jallspaw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 21:37:02 -0800 (PST)

I'd love to hear the thoughts on this as well.

We (Flickr) run squid 2 with what might be a very specific use-case: constantly full and churning reverse-proxy caching, making
use of both memory and disk. Until 3 has some of the things that Mark points out, and gains stability for our use, we won't be able to test it out.

The roadmap that appears on the wiki for 2 appears to be more in-line than 3 with what we'll be looking for (and could
probably get sponsorship for) from future squid versions.

John Allspaw
manager, operations engineering
flickr.com