[squid-users] Squid stable 18 and IWSS

From: Monah Baki <mbaki@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 09:17:35 -0500

Hi all,

I am testing the following scenario

client --- IWSS (Redhat 4 ES) --- Squid (FreeBSD 6.3) --- Firewall
(OpenBSD) --- Internet

IWSS has the squid as its upstream proxy, and everything works like a
charm except FTP

When I try to access thru the browser a ftp site, I get the following
error:

An FTP protocol error occurred while trying to retrieve the URL:
ftp://anonymous@ftp.openbsd.org/

Squid sent the following FTP command:

     NLST

and then received this reply

     Use PORT or PASV first.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

I have another test scenario using the same hardware as above

client --- Squid (FreeBSD 6.3 running dansguardian) --- Firewall
(OpenBSD) --- Internet

I have no problem with FTP using this scenario.

Thank you

BSD Networking, Microsoft Notworking