Re: [squid-users] Squid stable 18 and IWSS

From: Navin Jathan <jathan.navin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 23:07:37 +0530

Hi Monah,

Try turning on "Passive mode" in the settings of your browser. That
should solve the problem.

There are two ways in which an FTP connection can be initiated. 1- the
port to use can be sent by the client 2- the client request the server
to send the port to connect on. Since you are behind a firewall,
method one would not work. You are thus forcing it to use method 2 by
turning "passive mode" on.

Hope this helps,
Navin J