[squid-users] Downloading zip file via squid cache

From: Philippe Geril <philippe_geril@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 22:59:05 -0800

Hi all,

I have a very basic scenario, but I am little confused because there are
pretty much advanced things available.

here is the case:

>> 2 clients, client-A and client-B

>> 1 squid 2.5 server running with default squid.conf (modified acls, cache directories, etc)

>> This is a url http://example.com/application.zip [120MB]

-------------

Now for example client-A requests the above url
http://example.com/application.zip which is of 120MBs.

I want that whenever the client-B requests the same url from the squid
box, squid verifies that the url exists in cache, and then deliver it
from the cache instead of going to the internet to retrieve it.

My questions are:
- How to configure it.
- I want to ignore client no-cache headers, i.e. always download from
cache than going to server

any help would be highly appreciated.

peace

  Philippe Geril