[squid-users] Partially forwarding request to my parent

From: Luca Gervasi <luca.gervasi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 12:43:14 +0100

Hello,

I have a parent proxy which I use only for certain dstdomains, leaving
all the remaining domains handled by my own local proxy.

#Here i define my parent which i would forward the request for acls
"unipa" and "ieee"
 cache_peer myparentproxy parent 3128 0 no-query proxy-only

#Here are the acls for unipa and ieee
acl unipa dst x.y.0.0/16
acl ieee dstdomain .ieee.org

#Here i ask to forward the request to my parent proxy directly if they
match my acls and explicitly deny to forward to the parent all the
remaining requests
 always_direct allow ieee unipa
always_direct deny all

#Opposite
never_direct deny ieee unipa
never_direct allow all

All the requests, both matching my acls or not, are forwarded to the
parent proxy.

What am i missing?

Thanks a lot!

--