Re: [squid-users] Squid-2, Squid-3, roadmap

From: Chris Woodfield <rekoil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 10:37:16 -0500

I'll readily admit that I Am Not A Developer, but I'm wondering if
this could be something that could be worked incrementally - finding
easy-to-cleave-off subsystems that can be moved to separate threads
similarly to how asyncio was. The most obvious one I can think of is
the front-end client/server network socket communication code; next
would be logging. Are there any other subsystems that jump out as
"independent" enough to do this in the existing code base?

-C