[squid-users] TCP_DENIED/400 error:invalid-request

From: <ffredrixson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:01:02 +0000

I have squid 2.6stable18 on a debian sarge box in non-transparent mode. I also
have apache web server setup on this box and it works fine - when the browser is
pre-configured for the proxy.

I have some people come in and use their laptops from time to time so I need a
way to automatically direct them to the proxy server. I've read about wpad.dat
and proxy.pac and tried setting that up but I always get the TCP_DENIED/400
error:invalid-request in the access.log.

When I pre-configure the browser for the proxy, the wpad.dat page shows me the
javascript which from what I've read is what it's supposed to do when I put the
URL in the address bar: http://192.168.1.1/wpad.dat.

When I configure the browser to use a automatic configuration script with that
URL, I get the TCP_DENIED/400 errors again.

I must be missing something, but I've read everything I could find. Is it an acl
that I'm missing?

Can someone please help me out?

Thank you in advance.

Here is my squid.conf:

memory_pools off
httpd_suppress_version_string on
cache_effective_user squid
cache_effective_group squid
http_port 3128

cache_access_log /usr/local/squid/var/logs/access.log
cache_log /usr/local/squid/var/logs/cache.log
mime_table /usr/local/squid/etc/mime.conf
log_mime_hdrs on
useragent_log /usr/local/squid/var/logs/useragent.log

url_rewrite_program /usr/local/squid/bin/ufdbgclient -l
/usr/local/squid/var/logs
url_rewrite_children 16

#ACL's
acl all src 0/0
no_cache deny all
acl internal_net src 192.168.1.0/24

acl ok_downloads dstdomain "/var/domains.txt"

acl SSL_ports port 443
acl CONNECT method CONNECT

http_access allow internal_net
http_access allow ok_downloads internal_net !

http_reply_access allow internal_net ok_downloads
http_reply_access allow internal_net
http_access deny all