Re: [squid-users] Squid-2, Squid-3, roadmap

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 08:28:13 -0600

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 15:19 +0900, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> I shouldn't have been the one that tried to pull some sensible
> direction and feedback into the development group ... I shouldn't have
> had to try and kick Squid-3 developers along to do simple things like
> regression testing and local benchmarking; I shouldn't have to try and
> explain that the model of "do whats interesting to you and what you're
> being paid for" is such a great idea as a project direction; I
> shouldn't have to try and explain why an architecture and a roadmap is
> a great idea for a software project.

Thank you, Adrian, for being the only beacon of reason and knowledge
among the developers. It horrifies me to even think about how many
obvious things we would have not known without your continuing efforts
to enlighten us. Anything good that comes out of the Squid project is
the direct result of your guidance and advice.

> I'm not sure whether my continued dissent is a good idea for the
> project, but thus far the feedback I've received has been 100%
> positive.

You are obviously doing the right thing. I am really glad you receive
100% positive feedback, it is such a rare thing for dissidents to
experience.

Thank you,

Alex.