Re: [squid-users] Squid Future (was Re: [squid-users] Squid-2, Squid-3, roadmap)

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:24:44 +1100

On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 10:18 +0900, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> At the end of the day, I'd rather see something that an increasing number of people
> on the Internet will use and - I won't lie here - whatever creates a self sustaining
> project, both from community and financial perspectives.

I agree with this. FWIW I see squid 2 and 3 as very similar to apache
1.x and 2.x - apache 2 took a _long_ time to be considered an 'upgrade'
by _all_ users, and squid3 has been in the same boat.

I don't think that the amount of work to make squid3 better for all
users is insurmountable by the community, and I think that continuing
the polish on squid3 is the best way forward. YMMV of course :).

-Rob