[squid-users] How squid does Src/Dst IP address matching

From: Saurabh Agarwal <Saurabh.Agarwal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 14:59:13 +0530

Hi

Can someone please tell how does squid does the acl evaluation related
to Src/Dst IP address? Like "acl myNet dst 10.0.0.0/255.255.0.0"

As I understand squid does not get to know the IP layer information
which has the destination IP address field.

But in the HTTP header we have the name of the server like
"Host mail.yahoo.com", which can be used to determine the destination IP
Address.

Does squid resolves the IP address of mail.yahoo.com before it does the
Dst Address acls matching or evaluation?

Thanks in advance
Saurabh