RE: [squid-users] Squid2-only plugin from Secure Computing

From: Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 17:46:31 +1100

> I would be happy to try to resolve this issue with Secure Computing.
> However, I need more information:
>
> - What exactly is the Secure Computing plugin that supports Squid2 and
> does not support Squid3? Does it have a name and a version number?

I think SmartFilter patches the squid source, so is tied to specific versions. It certainly adds another option to the configure script. You can download it for free from SecureComputing's website and have look. Sorry I cant be more helpful but I'm not a developer.

Smartfilter 4.2.1 works with squid 2.6-17.

http://www.securecomputing.com/index.cfm?skey=1326