Re: [squid-users] rewrite URLs (was "hope squid provide development API")

From: Ric <lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 00:01:47 -0700

On Mar 8, 2008, at 2:30 AM, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 08, 2008, J. Peng wrote:
>> like, rewrite the uri based on the request headers.
>
> I'm -reasonably- certain the stuff I committed from Gonzalo to
> Squid-2.HEAD
> last week included a patchset which can do just that.
>
> I'm not sure how expressive it is in the real world - and, ideally,
> there'd be
> a simpler way of "slotting" in some custom code to filter requests
> through for
> the simple case of URL rewriting, but the beginnings of "stuff" is
> there.
>
> Check out http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/HEAD/changesets/ ?

This looks interesting. Am I understanding this correctly that Squid
HEAD can now rewrite urls without an external application? Any ideas
how this might compare performance-wise against a dedicated external
app like squidGuard or Squirm (for simple URL rewrites)? Will this
land in 2.7 soon?

Trying to parse the changeset now... are there any more readable notes
on how this feature is configured?

Ric