Re: [squid-users] hope squid provide development API

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 19:30:37 +0900

On Sat, Mar 08, 2008, J. Peng wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 6:18 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian@creative.net.au> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Mar 08, 2008, J. Peng wrote:
> > > I use Apache's development API often (both C's and modperl's), they
> > > are very convenient to customize the special features.
> > > I hope squid also provide this feature in future, that will be helpful
> > > to us.Thanks.
> >
> > .. which development API?
> >

> like, rewrite the uri based on the request headers.

I'm -reasonably- certain the stuff I committed from Gonzalo to Squid-2.HEAD
last week included a patchset which can do just that.

I'm not sure how expressive it is in the real world - and, ideally, there'd be
a simpler way of "slotting" in some custom code to filter requests through for
the simple case of URL rewriting, but the beginnings of "stuff" is there.

Check out http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/HEAD/changesets/ ?

Adrian