Re: [squid-users] What exactly makes accelerator mode faster then transparent mode ?

From: Raemaekers Mark <markraem@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 02:29:13 -0700 (PDT)

I have a last question concerning this topic :

Suppose I would tell you : "In front of my internet
server I have a WC in transparant mode and it works.
the Internet DNS points the URL to the TP-WC and the
TP-WC caches the content of the server. Since there is
only one webserver (apart from DOS attacks, and
operating system security) I do not need a Firewall to
divert traffic.

Is there any reason why I should change the
transparent WC into an accelerator mode WC and why ?
What benefit would an accelerator WC give me above the
transparent one ?

--- Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs