Re: [squid-users] you tube +delay pool

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 17:10:57 -0800

Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Chris Robertson wrote:
>> s f wrote:
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> here is the things u mentioned
>>>
>>> acl our_networks src x.x.x.x/x
>>> delay_pools 1
>>> delay_class 1 2
>>> delay_parameters 1 -1/-1 2048/8000
>>> #delay_parameters 1 4096/8000
>>> acl dp url_regex -i \.mp3$ \.wmv$ \.avi$ \.wma$ \.mpe?g$
>>> acl dp1 rep_mime_type video/flv
>>> #acl youtube url_regex -i youtube
>>> acl youtube dstdomain .youtube.com #rep_mime_type didnt worked so
>>> currently am having this. but since youtube has
>>> delay_access 1 allow dp our_networks
>>> delay_access 1 allow dp1 our_networks
>>>

>> I think the problem originates from mixing reply_mime_type and src.
>
> Agreed, that should probably be:
> delay_access 1 allow dp1 youtube

Except most of the videos are not served from youtube domains (or the
next delay_access line would have worked).

For me, the page http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmVaLp8icoU references
the movie at...

http://www.youtube.com/get_video?$longString

...which is a 303 to...

http://cache.googlevideo.com/get_video?$lotsOfArguments

...which is a 302 to...

http://74.125.15.158/get_video?$lotsOfArguments

...which finally delivers the movie.

> ie flash videos coming from youtube domains.
>
>> At the very least, you should drop the "our_networks" from this
>> line. On the others it's just redundant.
>
> Not good advice unless we can see the whole config.
>
> He may be running a dual-mode proxy and not wanting the delay pools to
> apply to reverse-proxied web traffic. In which case their presence is
> vital not to interfere with hosting service times.

Fair enough.

>>> delay_access 1 allow youtube our_networks
>>> delay_access 1 deny all
>>>
>>> The delay pool is working for acl dp and youtube. But there is no
>>> effect in youtube videos.
>>>

>> Chris
>
> Amos

Chris