Re: [squid-users] you tube +delay pool

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:33:37 +1300

Chris Robertson wrote:
> s f wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> here is the things u mentioned
>>
>> acl our_networks src x.x.x.x/x
>> delay_pools 1
>> delay_class 1 2
>> delay_parameters 1 -1/-1 2048/8000
>> #delay_parameters 1 4096/8000
>> acl dp url_regex -i \.mp3$ \.wmv$ \.avi$ \.wma$ \.mpe?g$
>> acl dp1 rep_mime_type video/flv
>> #acl youtube url_regex -i youtube
>> acl youtube dstdomain .youtube.com #rep_mime_type didnt worked so
>> currently am having this. but since youtube has
>> delay_access 1 allow dp our_networks
>> delay_access 1 allow dp1 our_networks
>>

> I think the problem originates from mixing reply_mime_type and src.

Agreed, that should probably be:
   delay_access 1 allow dp1 youtube

ie flash videos coming from youtube domains.

> At
> the very least, you should drop the "our_networks" from this line. On
> the others it's just redundant.

Not good advice unless we can see the whole config.

He may be running a dual-mode proxy and not wanting the delay pools to
apply to reverse-proxied web traffic. In which case their presence is
vital not to interfere with hosting service times.

>> delay_access 1 allow youtube our_networks
>> delay_access 1 deny all
>>
>> The delay pool is working for acl dp and youtube. But there is no
>> effect in youtube videos.
>>

> Chris

Amos

--
Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17+ or 3.0STABLE1+