[squid-users] Squid returns old Expires: header

From: Ed Eddington <ed.eddington@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:36:11 -0400

I'm having a problem where Squid is returning the cached Expires:
header with a cached image. (These images are specified in CSS, so
mouse roll-over is causing lots of re-requests for the images by the
browser!) I have reload-into-ims turned on, so a browser reload turns
into an If-Modified-Since request, which works as expected. The IMS
response indicates 304 Not Modified and includes a new Expires: header
in the future (and also includes a Last-Modified: header). However,
Squid never updates the cached image with the newer Expires: date/time
and always returns the one from the cached object (which is now months
old). Any suggestions how I can get Squid to update the cached copy
and return the newer Expires: date/time? Here's my refresh pattern:

refresh_pattern . 60 0% 60 reload-into-ims

Thanks,
Ed Eddington