Re: [squid-users] Squid returns old Expires: header

From: Ed Eddington <ed.eddington@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:11:19 -0400

Thanks for your assistance. I'm using 2.6.STABLE4, btw. I've been
aware reload-into-ims violates HTTP (and love using it nonetheless),
but I hadn't anticipated this behavior to be a side effect
of reload-into-ims.

I will follow your advice. however...

> - upgrade to the latest squid release to get the latest fix for this
> - bypass the reload-to-ims for these images
> - purge the current items from your cache.

if your first suggestion is a fix, why do I need to do the other two?
(Is there some way I can continue to use reload-into-ims? I suppose I
could always go the route of having Apache strip off no-cache
headers.)

Thanks again,
Ed