[squid-users] Slow internet

From: Jeremy Kim <jkim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:04:35 -0400

Hello,

Using the squid proxy is really slow. Is there anyway to make it faster?

I have squid version Squid2.6STABLE18 on a XP.

The machine I am running this on is a Dell PowerEdge SC 1420 Xeon CPU
2.80GHz and 4GB if ram. I am using three scsi drives. One to host the
squid and operating system (est.75G Drive) and the other two drives
(est. each 210G drives) as cache drives.

Here are my configurations. Everything else is pretty much set on
default.

#Default:
# http_access deny all
#Recommended minimum configuration:
# Only allow cachemgr access from localhost
http_access allow biblical
http_access allow manager localhost
http_access deny manager
# Deny requests to unknown ports
http_access deny !Safe_ports
# Deny CONNECT to other than SSL ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports

# And finally deny all other access to this proxy
http_access deny all

# MEMORY CACHE OPTIONS
#Default:
cache_mem 32 MB