Re: [squid-users] OpenBSD 4.2+Squid3_Stable1+Windows AD

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:24:13 +0200

mån 2008-03-31 klockan 12:07 -0700 skrev Luca Dell'Oca:
> Hi,
> thanks for the code, but I got an error anyway. These are the steps I took:

At this point I would recomment you to install Samba from source
manually, not using ports.

It's not a complex procedure, and you do not need to do any of the
NSS/nsswitch/PAM OS integration, just install Samba with winbind
support, it's sufficient for Squid and most other uses, and almost
OS-independent.

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/compiling.html

and

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/using_samba/ch02.html

Note: NSS/nsswitch/PAM is only needed if you want your OS to see domain
accounts as if they were local accounts on the server, not for other
services such as Squid using winbind for authentication.