Re: [squid-users] HTTPS upstream cache problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:29:14 +0200

mån 2008-03-31 klockan 22:12 +0200 skrev Daniel Becker:
> >> but in the log of the upstream proxy it looks like:
> >> TCP_MISS/404 0 CONNECT http:443 - DIRECT/-
> >
> > This is most commonly seen when using a url rewriter helper which
> > incorrectly tries to modify CONNECT requests.
> >
> > Regards
> > Henrik
> >

> thanks for your answer. Just to be sure, that means, that it is not the
> fault of my squid configuration, but a configuration error of the peer
> webserver?

Can be either. If it is what I say above then the error is in an url
rewriter/redirector used by one of the two, trying to rewrite the
hostname of a CONNECT request into a http:// URL.

What does access.log say on both?

Is either of the two using an url rewriter / redirector helper?
(url_rewrite_program/redirector_program, same directive different names)