[squid-users] ym through squid-2.6.STABLE6-5.el5_1.2

From: Mere Pere <merepere71@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 01:54:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hello squid experts,

I am using squid with basic pam_mysql_auth. All is
working fine. I have only one problem when our users
is tring to use ym. Time to time, suddenly they are
disconnected and they should relogin. I am doing some
qos on our squid server, and of course all proxy
traffic is shaped. There are few users which have
dedicated bandwidth and rest of all, goes into shared
bandwidth.

I know that ym is buggy and consume bandwidth (with
avdertisments). With pidgin, all is working fine, but
our users complain about its silly design.

So, my question is: is any quick fix to solve ym
relogin problem?

I tried to configure their IE browsers to use Use HTTP
1.1 and HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections, but
doesn't seems to fix described problem (if no enough
bandwidth available, they are disconnected when using
ym).

Any ideas?

Regards,
Alx