Re: [squid-users] Unable to access a website through Suse/Squid.

From: Peter Albrecht <peter.albrecht@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 16:23:08 +0200

Hi Terry,

> I will have to look into ip tables. I can add static routes via the
> interface card which are permanent, however doing it this way doesn't
> give me any options for mss, mtu, etc.. All I can enter this way is
> Source, Destination, Gateway.

I guess you mean using /etc/sysconfig/network/routes? I'm not sure if you
can provide any options there.

Another way would be to create your own script which sets up additional
routing. Use /etc/init.d/skeleton as a template and create a script (e.g.
called /etc/init.d/routes) which contains the commands for setting the
routes. Then make sure the symbolic links for starting and stopping the
script are created in the runlevel directories:

insserv /etc/init.d/routes

The script has to be started after the network script, so the names of the
symbolic links should start with S06 or higher numbers (the links for the
network script are called S05network). For more information, have a look
at the man page of init.d (man init.d) which describes the SUSE boot
concept. If you have any problems, feel free to contact me off-list (as
this is not a Squid-related topic).

Regards,

Peter

--
Peter Albrecht                      peter.albrecht@opensourceschool.de
Open Source School GmbH             Tel: +49-89-287793-83