[squid-users] Access Controls using MAC address

From: Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 17:29:47 +0300

Hello list,

I want to control access using mac address but I cannot figure out how
to bundle machines into a group. Is this possible when you use ARP acl
type?
In the docs, I see the following example:

acl M1 arp 01:02:03:04:05:06
acl M2 arp 11:12:13:14:15:16
http_access allow M1
http_access allow M2
http_access deny all

Suppose there are six machines to which I want to apply same controls,
is there a way to list these MAC addresses into a file and refer to
the file's contents for access control?

acl underdogs "/path/to/file/with/several-mac-addresses"
http_access allow underdogs TIME-RESTRICTION
http_access deny underdogs?

Something like that possible?

--
Best regards,