Re: [squid-users] Quick question on using squid as a reverse proxy

From: Steven Pfister <SPfister@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:05:19 -0400

Does Apache + mod_security allow reverse proxying to https servers? The server is using both http and https currently, and I don't know enough about the actual server to know if doing everything over http is feasible.

Does squid do reverse proxying for https servers? Does it have anything like mod_security? I've read a little about squidguard... is that something I want to look at?

Thanks!

Steve Pfister
Technical Coordinator,
The Office of Information Technology
Dayton Public Schools
115 S. Ludlow St.
Dayton, OH 45402

Office (937) 542-3149
Cell (937) 673-6779
Direct Connect: 137*131747*8
Email spfister@dps.k12.oh.us

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 09:51:53AM -0400, Steven Pfister wrote:

> Does squid as it's installed do any kind of checking of URLs for signs of
> attacks, or does something additional need to be installed (and what's
> popular for that)?

More likely you would want to use Apache with mod_security as reverse proxy.
Exactly made for that purpose.