Re: [squid-users] Quick question on using squid as a reverse proxy

From: Henrik K <hege@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 10:34:11 +0300

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 04:05:19PM -0400, Steven Pfister wrote:

> Does Apache + mod_security allow reverse proxying to https servers? The
> server is using both http and https currently, and I don't know enough
> about the actual server to know if doing everything over http is feasible.

Apache supports SSL just fine in any direction. You should google or ask
more in Apache lists.

> Does squid do reverse proxying for https servers? Does it have anything
> like mod_security? I've read a little about squidguard... is that
> something I want to look at?

If you want to do anything more "serious" than checking for URLs, you need
mod_security, it has lots of ready rules if you are not able to come up with
your own. SquidGuard is nothing more than a URL blocker. Squid cannot do
anything more than simple checks on URL or headers.