Re: [squid-users] Squid not caching text/html mediawiki pages

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 00:31:21 +1200

Marco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Squid 2.5 with Mediawiki 1.11.
>
> My squid.conf follows the instructions given at
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Squid_caching
>
> The problem is that the text/html wiki pages are never cached (MISS) while
> images are cached correctly (the access.log gives a HIT on them).
>
> The Squid related Mediawiki variables are set as follows:
> $wgUseSquid = true;
> $wgSquidServers = array('127.0.0.1');
>
> How can I make Squid cache the html wiki pages too?
> Any suggestions?

Step 1: upgrade to 2.6

Step 2: configure squid as a proper accelerator for your site
   http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ReverseProxy
   or if you want to use their site, I've updated the bottom section
about squid 2.6 to show a config with at least a medium-level of security.

Step 3: check that the page Cache-Control headers are set to allow caching.
   http://www.ircache.net/cgi-bin/cacheability.py

Amos