Re: [squid-users] Inserting text on web page

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 14:17:32 -0800

Wet Mogwai wrote:
> I have to collect information from every system on my network. I wrote a
> script that will be placed on a local web server. Now, I need to have an
> easy way to make sure it is accessible by even the least capable user. I
> would like to insert a link to it at the bottom of a page that every
> computer would have bookmarked. Basically, I want to run essentially this
> regex on a web page as it is being sent to the client:
> s/<\/BODY>/<A(defeatnabblefilter) HREF="address">clicky<\/a><\/BODY>/i
>
> Is this possible with squid? How can it be done? I already have squid
> running as a transparent proxy. My google-fu is weak with this one. I seem
> to only be able to find pages about making regex based ACLs.

Squid 3 supports ICAP
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Content_Adaptation_Protocol).

Otherwise, you could use a modified version of the Upside-Down-Ternet
(http://www.ex-parrot.com/~pete/upside-down-ternet.html). Instead of
modifying images, you could grab the to-be-modified page, and...
Well... Modify it. Using url_rewrite_access you would be able to limit
the pages for which your modification script would be called.

Chris