Re: [squid-users] Very Slow Reverse Proxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 01:38:50 +1200

Gordon McKee wrote:
> Hi
>
> Been using squid for a long time on FreeBSD 6 STABLE(i386) and have
> rebult the box to FreeBSD 7 STABLE (amd64) and everything appeared to
> work untill I tried accessing websites externally hosted here.
>
> I am using the same version of squid2.6-stable19 and the same confg
> files copies off the old server to the new server.
>
> AFAIK all the dns setting are corrct and everything resolves as it
> should (config copied off old server.
>
> You can look to see what happend on a site hosted here -
> htttp://www.birminghamcitadel.org.uk/index.htm.
>
> I have also plugged the old server in and everything works as it used
> to!! I have also tried the GENERIC kernel to see if that would fix the
> issues. All the other services the box hosts work correctly and outbound
> websurking is fine. It is just inbound that is very very slow.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?

Exactly the same config file might be a problem, if the config refers to
local-specific items such as the local hostname and local-IP.

If acceleration was not setup properly for 2.6+ in the first place it
may work with a certain rDNS but not with a similar but not quite
identical one.

Check your config file carefully to see if you can find the issue then
post it here (minus the comments and empty lines) if you still need our
help.

Amos