Re: [squid-users] squid-3 make install errors

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 00:31:52 +0200

On ons, 2008-05-07 at 08:00 +0200, Florian wrote:

> i successfully built the rsynced squid-3 sources. Now there are two
> (minor) issues doing the "make install".
> * "make install" requires a uudecode. A missing uudecode is not
> recognized by the configure-script in advance, just "make install" fails.
>
> * The directory icons contains no gif-files and "make install" exits
> with errors. Copying the gif's from another source solves the problem.

The two is really one and the same... For some reason I don't remember
the CVS (and now bzr) keeps the icons in their original shar archive
form, not the more convenient unpacked form..

The nightly snapshot releases do not have this issue.

I have now made sure to provide the icons unpacked in the rsync trees as
well.