RE: [squid-users] Unable to access support.microsoft.com

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 16:12:11 +1200 (NZST)

> Thx Amos, but why would it work from every other subnet but the one I am
> on?
> They all go out the same proxy server
>
> Scott

Could be the other causes entirely. Thats just the most common one seen
with support.microsoft.com recently.
 - TCP-level stuff like windoss scaling, ECN, PMTU discovery come in
second place and produce similar errors.
 - configuration loops (302's) may have a similar effect.

The biggest clue is the exact content of the error page. A squid-generate
page you can at least track through the cache.log.
If it's one of the IE-generated ones then it's probably a low-level issue
with IE either handling the page info or connecting to squid.

Amos