RE: [squid-users] Unable to access support.microsoft.com

From: Dean Weimer <dweimer_at_orscheln.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 07:25:10 -0500

Scott,
        If you want to test this without modifying your proxy configuration you can uncheck the http 1.1 options on the Internet Explorer Options Advanced tab. Also does it work through Firefox or another browser? Firefox reports a content encoding error when accessing support.microsooft.com when this problem is present. If these steps show that this is indeed the problem you probably need to discover why your other subnets are working, are they in fact bypassing the proxy?

Thanks,
     Dean Weimer
     Network Administrator
     Orscheln Management Co